Pages

WELCOME

This blog was created to act as a record of the cards and other projects that I have made. It is for both my own reference and to help inspire anyone who wants to take a look.

I'd love it if you'd leave me a comment so that I know what you think of my projects and that you've been to visit!

Anyone can comment, even those who don't have a blog. (Just look for the word 'Comments' under the three little pictures at the end of each post). Readers without a blog can add an anonymous comment, but please leave your name (and docrafts username if applicable) so I know who you are!

Slideshows of all the cards I've uploaded to my blog can be found at the bottom of the page.



PEOPLE WHO FOLLOW MY BLOG

Networked Blogs

Tuesday, 2 February 2010

My Copics Are On Their Way!!

I received an e-mail today from Amazon to say that my Copics have been despatched - finally! Not sure how long they'll take. Not even sure if they are coming with Royal Mail or courier!!

I really can't wait for them to arrive - although I can almost certainly guarantee that I won't play with them straight away. I'm always the same - order something, get really excited and then wait a couple of weeks before I actually use them.

I'm pretty certain I'll actually be too scared to use them in case I discover they've been a terrible waste of money. I really couldn't bear it!

On a separate topic, I finally got around to watching the BBC dramatization of Enid tonight. I grew up reading most of her books (I know I didn't read them all as I discovered tonight she wrote about 800) but I was a huge fan of her stories, the Secret Seven, the Famous Five, the Adventures, Mallory Towers (they almost convinced me that boarding school would be a good idea!), but most of all the Wishing Chair and The Magic Faraway Tree. I know a lot of her work has been criticised for racism and sexism, but that was the time when they were written. There's a lot more sexism in Shakespeare, I'm sure! I loved them, and I'm sure the children of today love them too if they are given the chance. They promote escapism, which in a time when children can barely play out in their own backgardens, that can only be a good thing.

Well, enough of my ramblings, I'm off to have a midnight feast with a picnic and lashings of ginger beer!!

No comments:

Blog Widget by LinkWithin