Pages

WELCOME

This blog was created to act as a record of the cards and other projects that I have made. It is for both my own reference and to help inspire anyone who wants to take a look.

I'd love it if you'd leave me a comment so that I know what you think of my projects and that you've been to visit!

Anyone can comment, even those who don't have a blog. (Just look for the word 'Comments' under the three little pictures at the end of each post). Readers without a blog can add an anonymous comment, but please leave your name (and docrafts username if applicable) so I know who you are!

Slideshows of all the cards I've uploaded to my blog can be found at the bottom of the page.



PEOPLE WHO FOLLOW MY BLOG

Sunday 25 October 2015

Brown, Cream and Blue Patchwork Background Bumble Bee Gorjuss Girl

Well, as promised, here is an older card that I made that is waiting to be blogged. This is a card that I made for my mum's birthday using the Bumble Bee Gorjuss Girl by Sugar Nellie.

I also decided to use my Sizzix Hexagon Framelits dies and create a patchwork background.


So, the image was stamped using Memento Tuxedo Black dye ink and coloured using Copic markers:

Hair: E31, E33,E35
Skin: E000, E00, E04, E21, R20
Sash/Hearts/Socks: YR04, W1
Wings/Dress: G00, G21,W1

The image was then fussy cut.


A Classic Oval Nestie was used to die cut white card and was embossed using the Sizzix Basic Grey Snow Cap embossing folder. This was then matted onto a scalloped oval of sky blue cardstock from the DCWV Brights Matstack.

A number of hexagons were die cut from ivory hammer cardstock as well as papers from the Prima Songbird paper pad. These were matted and layered together and pieced together on a square of the sky blue cardstock to create the background.


A length of the Dovecraft blue and brown striped ribbon was knotted and then adhered across the patchwork panel before the panel was adhered to the cardblank.
The Gorjuss Girl image was then matted onto the ovals and then they were added to the centre of the patchwork background.

The sentiment, from the Wild Rose Studio Birthday Circles stamp set, was stamped using Tim Holtz Frayed Burlap distress ink and die cut with a Nestie circle die and matted onto a scalloped circle Nestie diecut.

As a finishing touch, Ranger Crystal Stickles glitter glue were added to the wings on the image and details on the sentiment.

1 comment:

Wendy L said...

So gorjuss, love your design, xxx

Blog Widget by LinkWithin