This blog was created to act as a record of the cards and other projects that I have made. It is for both my own reference and to help inspire anyone who wants to take a look.

I'd love it if you'd leave me a comment so that I know what you think of my projects and that you've been to visit!

Anyone can comment, even those who don't have a blog. (Just look for the word 'Comments' under the three little pictures at the end of each post). Readers without a blog can add an anonymous comment, but please leave your name (and docrafts username if applicable) so I know who you are!

Slideshows of all the cards I've uploaded to my blog can be found at the bottom of the page.


Saturday, 24 October 2015

Pink Black and Beige Paper-Pieced Prima Doll

I should begin by apologising for the picture quality of this card. Normally I scan my cards in but my scanner had decided to give up the ghost (well, actually the printer had, and so the scanner just played along). Anyway, these were photographed and I couldn't find my mini tripod so getting up close and holding the camera perfectly steady wasn't easy!!

This card shows my first attempt at using my Prima Doll stamp Tasha. I actually made it at the cardmaking group that I go to and it was great fun.
Paper-piecing the image is actually very simple to do. The hard part is choosing which papers to use.
I began by stamping the whole image onto some white card using Memento Tuxedo Black dye ink. The image was then stamped again onto three different patterned papers from the K&Co Best of Too paper pad, using papers from the Life's Journey and K-Ology Hannah collections. I do love this paper pad, and it is much underused. I really should get it out more. The next stage was to cut the various pieces from the different papers and assemble them onto the base image. The hair was coloured onto the patterned paper using Promarkers.

The next stage was to create a background for the image to sit on. I started with a piece of 'natural' paper which has tiny flecks in it. I then taped the Memory Box Chicken Wire stencil over the piece and sponged through Tim Holtz Antique Linen distress ink. Once that was done, with the stencil still in place, the French Text stamp from the Bo Bunny It Is Written stamp set was stamped through the stencil using the Tattered Rose ink. This was matted to the front of a DL card blank that was cut into the shape of a tag.

In order to create a bit more interest behind  the doll image, the Marianne scalloped circle frame was diecut from black card and a circle of the pink patterned paper used on the dress was diecut to fit within it. A length of black lace was wrapped around the circle and matted together on the edge of the tag and the excess cut away.

I then wanted to add a sentiment to the card and decided to use the banner stamps from the Hero Arts Friendly Flags stamp set. These were stamped onto the inked natural paper, inked with the Antique Linen and Tattered Rose inks. These were cut out and adhered to black and white Gorjuss Baker's Twine in the top left corner.

I also made a second card using the other parts of the stamped image.

No comments:

Blog Widget by LinkWithin