Pages

WELCOME

This blog was created to act as a record of the cards and other projects that I have made. It is for both my own reference and to help inspire anyone who wants to take a look.

I'd love it if you'd leave me a comment so that I know what you think of my projects and that you've been to visit!

Anyone can comment, even those who don't have a blog. (Just look for the word 'Comments' under the three little pictures at the end of each post). Readers without a blog can add an anonymous comment, but please leave your name (and docrafts username if applicable) so I know who you are!

Slideshows of all the cards I've uploaded to my blog can be found at the bottom of the page.



PEOPLE WHO FOLLOW MY BLOG

Networked Blogs

Saturday, 9 July 2016

30 Day Colour Challenge - Day #4

Well, it's still technically Day #4 as Day #5 hasn't been announced yet!!!
Anyway, here is today's colouring.

I decided to go with some WHSmith's pencils today on Kraft cardstock. It's a nice and simple New Home card for a friend of mine.

I decided to use my set of Jofy #15 stamps that I've had for well over a month now, if not a few months. They have been used, just not by me!!!


I started by stamping the smaller of the two birdhouses on the front of the card where I wanted it positioned, using Versafine Vintage Sepia archival pigment ink, and then stamped the branch image from the same stamp set and the same ink above it. I joined the two images with a brown Whispers brushstroke marker.


I then coloured the images with the WHSmith pencils that I managed to get when they were reduced down to £3.99 some months ago. I firstly laid down a layer of white pencil all over the image and then coloured it in with the colours. Hopefully the white makes the colours ping off the card a bit more. I decided not to blend the pencil with baby oil this time as I wanted a more rustic look to the image.


Finally I added the 'New Home' sentiment. I used an old Elzybells stamp for this and the Vintage Sepia ink. This is a stamp that I've owned for many years, from back when Elzybells were having a closing down sale, and I'm not entirely sure it's ever been inked up other than when I recently mounted it and created a laminated storage sheet for it. It's so nice to give these old stamps a new lease of life having been living in a 'to be mounted' box for a couple of years now.

No comments:

Blog Widget by LinkWithin