Pages

WELCOME

This blog was created to act as a record of the cards and other projects that I have made. It is for both my own reference and to help inspire anyone who wants to take a look.

I'd love it if you'd leave me a comment so that I know what you think of my projects and that you've been to visit!

Anyone can comment, even those who don't have a blog. (Just look for the word 'Comments' under the three little pictures at the end of each post). Readers without a blog can add an anonymous comment, but please leave your name (and docrafts username if applicable) so I know who you are!

Slideshows of all the cards I've uploaded to my blog can be found at the bottom of the page.



PEOPLE WHO FOLLOW MY BLOG

Tuesday 5 July 2016

30-Day Colouring Challenge - Day #1

I know as I type this that I won't be able to participate in the 30-Day Colouring Challenge set by Kathy Racoosin over on her blog every day as I have my in-laws arriving on the 15th for 2 weeks, but I will try my hardest to participate when I can.

This image, Dreamer from Leanne Ellis/Sugar Nellie, began life as part of my indexing system, but it didn't stamp very well, but the girl part of the image was salvageable. Unfortunately, that meant that she was stamped with Versafine, which isn't very Copic friendly, and on Ryman's cardstock which I find is more inclined to bleed with too much pen ink. Ho-hum!


I coloured her to match the starburst background that I made last week at the craft group that I go to.

Copics:
Skin: E000 E00 E11 E13 (Cheeks: E04 R20)
Eyes: B00
Hair: Y15 E07 E09 E15
Coat: B00 B01 B02
Wings: BG02 BG10 BG11


I fussy-cut her out and matted her onto a double-stitched circle die from Crealies XXL #33 die set cut from ivory hammer card. This was then matted onto a Nestabilities scalloped circle. The circle was cropped to fit into the corner of the card.

The 'Birthday Wishes' sentiment, from the Personal Impressions Paula Pascual Mixed Sentiments stamp set, was stamped using Tim Holtz Mermaid Lagoon ink, to match the sponging around each of the cream panels.


The starburst background was created using a bunch of papers from my stash - some of which haven't been used in a very long time!!!

The paper pads used were:
Papermania Venetian Skies Creative Tones
Papermania Birdsong
Papermania Henbury Lane
K&Co Life's Journey Script
K&Co Life's Journey Map
Daisy & Dandelion Picnic Patch


To finish the card, I added some dots of the Cosmic Shimmer Teal PVA.


2 comments:

playingwithpaper said...

Great card Kathleen xx

Rushd Lady said...

For the stamp not stamping well, you made a great card! Love the background! =0)

Blog Widget by LinkWithin