Pages

WELCOME

This blog was created to act as a record of the cards and other projects that I have made. It is for both my own reference and to help inspire anyone who wants to take a look.

I'd love it if you'd leave me a comment so that I know what you think of my projects and that you've been to visit!

Anyone can comment, even those who don't have a blog. (Just look for the word 'Comments' under the three little pictures at the end of each post). Readers without a blog can add an anonymous comment, but please leave your name (and docrafts username if applicable) so I know who you are!

Slideshows of all the cards I've uploaded to my blog can be found at the bottom of the page.



PEOPLE WHO FOLLOW MY BLOG

Monday 6 April 2009

Couple of Easter Cards

Here are a couple of Easter cards that I made last week. I decided I wanted to make two different styles of cards, one a more traditional design.

For the first card, I stamped the Celtic Cross image from the See D's Easter Kit stamp set onto a circle of smooth white card using ColorBox Fresh Green pigment ink and then gold embossed it.

This was then watercoloured using the Whispers Brushstroke markers and then matted onto a scalloped circle of Papermania lime green textured card. A panel of patterned paper from the Papermania Spring Burst paper pad was also matted onto the lime green card.

The sentiment, from the See D's Easter Kit stamp set, was stamped using ColorBox Fresh Green pigment ink and gold embossed. The panel was then cut out using the HOTP Labels template and matted onto the lime green card.I made a 'Handmade By' label for the reverse of the card by printing off a WordArt circle message and matted it onto a scalloped circle cut from a matching paper from the Papermania Spring Burst paper pad.

I wanted the second card to have a less traditional feel and so went with an Easter Chick theme. I also wanted to use the Basic Grey Ambrosia papers, but since I don't have them (yet!) I tried to find papers in my stash of similar colours to imitate them. I think I've almost pulled it off!

I stamped the Easter Chick image from the See D's Easter kit stamp set onto a circle of smooth white card using Versafine Onyx Black pigment ink and watercoloured it using the Whispers Brushstroke markers. This was matted onto a scalloped circle of paper from the Papermania 'The Big One' Temptations paper pack.
The edge of the card front was cut away, and strips of yellow and chestnut brown papers from the Temptations paper pack was attached to the inside of the card. Matching yellow papers were matted onto grey card and layered onto the card front. A file tab was cut from grey card using the Sizzix Sizzlet File Tab #4, and the sentiment was added using a Docrafts stamp and Brilliance Crimson Copper pigment ink onto the yellow patterned paper.
Two flowers were cut out using the Flower Parts Sizzlet dies. They were cut to the centre to create petals and embossed from the reverse to create dimension. A yellow faux gem was attached to the centre of the flowers. If I remember who it was who posted about this technique, I'll add it here later as it's a very good technique and I'd like to acknowledge who it was.

2 comments:

kay said...

both are fab cards
kayx

Smudgeroonie said...

Both gorgeous cards, beautifully designed.

Blog Widget by LinkWithin