Pages

WELCOME

This blog was created to act as a record of the cards and other projects that I have made. It is for both my own reference and to help inspire anyone who wants to take a look.

I'd love it if you'd leave me a comment so that I know what you think of my projects and that you've been to visit!

Anyone can comment, even those who don't have a blog. (Just look for the word 'Comments' under the three little pictures at the end of each post). Readers without a blog can add an anonymous comment, but please leave your name (and docrafts username if applicable) so I know who you are!

Slideshows of all the cards I've uploaded to my blog can be found at the bottom of the page.



PEOPLE WHO FOLLOW MY BLOG

Wednesday 20 January 2010

Hot Pink and Aqua Rainy Miss Anya

I have finally managed to enter a blog challenge! Hooray!!

I decided to have a go at the current A Spoon Full of Sugar challenge, which is 'Lots of Layering' and decided to use the Rainy Miss Anya image,which is quite apt for the current conditions!


The image was stamped using Versafine Onyx Black archival pigment ink and coloured using a combination of Impress reinkers (Carmine and Pale Aqua), Tim Holtz Distress inks (Tattered Rose, Worn Lipstick and Frayed Burlap) and Marvy Matchables dye ink (Black). The image was then matted onto two shades of blue card.
A strip of the pink stripe paper from the Papermania Claire Curd Big One paper pad was matted over a panel of the aqua plaid paper, and a length of Anita's teal polka dot ribbon was attached across it. Three mini brads were attached at the top of the panel.
The card blank was covered with a panel of the pink stripe paper and the aqua panel was attached to the right.
The greeting panel was created using one of the circle sentiment stamps by Aud Designs and coloured using the Impress reinkers in Carmine and Pale Aqua. This was cut out using a circle Nestabilities die and matted onto a teal scalloped circle.

2 comments:

Alex said...

Hello Kathleen, gorrgeous card as always! love that is so cheery! And your colouring looks amazing! Well done and i am looking forward to seeing more soon!
Love, ALex

Julie said...

Hi KMac- I love this card - the colours are bold and beautiful. Might have a go on the layering for this challenge myself - I do like it!! Juliexx

Blog Widget by LinkWithin