Pages

WELCOME

This blog was created to act as a record of the cards and other projects that I have made. It is for both my own reference and to help inspire anyone who wants to take a look.

I'd love it if you'd leave me a comment so that I know what you think of my projects and that you've been to visit!

Anyone can comment, even those who don't have a blog. (Just look for the word 'Comments' under the three little pictures at the end of each post). Readers without a blog can add an anonymous comment, but please leave your name (and docrafts username if applicable) so I know who you are!

Slideshows of all the cards I've uploaded to my blog can be found at the bottom of the page.



PEOPLE WHO FOLLOW MY BLOG

Thursday 11 March 2010

Computer Disaster!

OK, so disaster has struck. I got the blue screen of death on my laptop last week with an 'Unmountable Boot Volume' message. The DVD drive had given up the ghost last year when I was loading my CDs up to my iPod and a scratched disc wouldn't stop spinning and eject itself so I think it burnt out the laser. Then, just before Christmas the screen went on it (you couldn't see anything on the screen unless you had night vision goggles it was so dark) and I'd had to resort to using it plugged into the desktop monitor!!!

So, an executive decision was taken to invest in a new laptop at the weekend - but I have a huge problem. I was just about to back-up my files from the old laptop but of course I didn't manage to do it before it died!!! And I don't know how to access the files on the hard drive. I have everything cardmaking on there - pictures of my cards (not everything is on photobucket!!), downloads, and a load of other stuff that I can't remember but I'm sure I'm going to need it now!!!

So, if anyone has any ideas, please let me know. I'll probably end up taking it to PC World where they'll wipe everything for a fortune!

No comments:

Blog Widget by LinkWithin