Pages

WELCOME

This blog was created to act as a record of the cards and other projects that I have made. It is for both my own reference and to help inspire anyone who wants to take a look.

I'd love it if you'd leave me a comment so that I know what you think of my projects and that you've been to visit!

Anyone can comment, even those who don't have a blog. (Just look for the word 'Comments' under the three little pictures at the end of each post). Readers without a blog can add an anonymous comment, but please leave your name (and docrafts username if applicable) so I know who you are!

Slideshows of all the cards I've uploaded to my blog can be found at the bottom of the page.



PEOPLE WHO FOLLOW MY BLOG

Thursday 18 March 2010

First Card Made With My Copics and Creative Card Crew Challenge #46


So, I've had my Copics for a few weeks now and made a few cards with them, but haven't got around to uploading any to my blog as yet, mostly down to all the computer problems I've been having of late.

So, newly returned from a long weekend over in Dublin where I was lucky enough to to go to Croke Park to watch the Six Nations match between Ireland and Wales, I am now ready to let you all see my first Copic efforts.

I was in need of a few men's cards and wanted to use some different stamps. So, I pulled out my Changito stamps that I bought at The Glitter Pot back in 2008 when I visited Alex. I actually made three different versions of this card, but the other versions are currently locked in my old laptop!

So, here is the card I made.
Apologies for the quality of the image, but after 3 months of having my new scanner, I've only just discovered the setting for 'not bleaching out the whole image' so hopefully my newly scanned images will be better!
And here is how I made it:
The Vine stamp, from the Stampendous Changito the Monkey stamp set, was stamped using Memento Tuxedo Black ink onto smooth white card, and the Hanging Monkey image stamped next to this. The image was then coloured using a selection of Copic markers (Monkey: E02, E04, E11, E13, E35 and E57; Leaves: YG11, YG17 and YG67; Highlighting: BG11).
The image was then cut to allow the 'out of the box' die-cutting technique using a circle Nestabilities die and then matted onto larger circles of light blue paper and dark brown card.
A strip each of the Primitive and Ancient papers from the Basic Grey Archaic paper pad were then adhered to the front of an A6 cream deckle edged card blank, and the Changito image panel matted over the top.
Additional Jungle Leaves from the same Changito stamp set were stamped and coloured using the same YG Copic markers, cut out, and two leaves were added to the top of the image panel using 3D foam pads. A third leaf was added flat to the card.
The sentiment, from the Hero Arts Birthday Messages stamp set, was stamped using Versafine Onyx Black archival pigment ink in the bottom right hand corner of the card.
The other two versions of this card were more or less the same, but I didn't do the 'out-of-the-box' technique on them, and on one of them I completely coloured around the image with the BG11 Copic marker.
In honour if the fact that this is the first card I have made with my Copics, I have decided to enter this card into the Creative Card Crew blog challenge this week, which is all about Going Dotty.

7 comments:

Jennifer said...

It's lovely Kathleen. Have fun with your Copics! xx Jenny xx http://myinkyhands-jennifer.blogspot.com/

Alex said...

HI Kathleen, I knew you would do a grand job with your copics and I was right! It's a lovely card and I can't wait to see more of your copics work! Hope computer won't play up and lets you have all your files back!
Love, Alex

Paula said...

Such a beautiful card Kathleen. i adore the sweet image and colours and what a fab layout. Thanks for taking part in the CCC Challenge.
Paula xxxx

Grenouille Greetings said...

I see you have been monkeying around with your new pens! Lovely card, Kathleen - great highlighting on the leaves! Warmest wishes, Lesley

Anonymous said...

Hi Kathleen,

Just popping by to answer your question and see some of your lovely cards! The fairy image stamp I used is an InStyle stamp (link in the post) - wasn't very clear in my post but that's fixed now.

Have fun with your new copics - they're great to work with!

Hugs Lily.

Julie said...

Hi Kathleen, this really is a fun little card! See, you've already got to grips with the old Copics! Love the way your image pops outside the frame - gives such a nice dimension to your card!! Take care, hugs Juliexx

kay said...

adorable card,x

Blog Widget by LinkWithin