This card is made for Challenge #3 over at Lia Stampz which was to include a moving element. This took me completely out of my comfort zone I can tell you and took quite a bit of thought and research. In the end, I decided on a card with a moving sentiment. I followed the tutorial over on the Splitcoaststampers site, and you can see the tutorial here.
I've made this card for my sister as I think she'll appreciate the quirky nature of the image. She lives in (sunny) Spain and is enjoying much warmer weather than us here in the UK.
The image, a digi from Lia Stampz called Lily, was coloured using Copic sketch markers:
- Skin: E00, E11, E21, R02
- Hat/Top/Socks: YR00, YR02, YR04
- Bow: RV04, RV11, YG11, YG13
- Hair: E31, E33, E35, E37
- Jacket/Boots: YG11, YG13, YG17
- Flowers/Trousers: RV04, RV06, RV09, RV11
- Stems: YG13, YG17
- Hair Ties: RV06, RV09
- Eyes: YG13, E35
- Belt/Buttons: YR02, YR04
- Watch Glass: C0
The image was then matted onto a panel of white card and a panel of hot pink card die cut with a Nestabilities Labels 8 die. Three brads, from the HOTP Ultimate Cardmaker's Creative Pack embellishment kit were then added to the image panel.
An aperture was cut into the card blank using a Classic Circle Nestabilities die. Unfortunately, I don't have a Grand Caliber so I had to cut my aperture through the front and back of the card blank. I tried to cut through just the front, with the back of the card folded over the cutting plate, but it got too damaged to be used so I just cut through the front and back!
A strip of the orange daisies paper from the Dovecraft Kate Knight Wild Blossom paper pack was matted onto the hot pink card and a circle die cut from it the same size as the aperture in the card, making sure it fitted over the aperture. Hot pink satin ribbon was then wrapped around the panel either side of the aperture.
A length of Invisithread was then added across the aperture. Two circles were then die cut from white card and the sentiments from the Personal Impressions Paula Pascual Mixed Sentiments stamp set were stamped in the centre of them using Memento Lilac Posies dye ink. There were matted onto Classic Scalloped circles of pink card and adhered to the Invisithread.
A panel of the light green butterfly paper from the same paper pack was matted onto the pink card and the location of the aperture was marked and then die cut with the circle die. The two patterned paper layers were then matted up and onto the card blank.
A scalloped frame was then created using Nestabilities dies from the pink card and added around the aperture.
The image panel was then added to the left of the card blank.
The inside of the card was also decorated.
Having cut a whacking great hole in the back of my card, I decided to make a feature of it and so decided to use vellum.
A panel of the pink card and a panel of the leaves vellum from the Papermania Exquisite Vellum Collection pack were die cut to fit over the aperture.
A small panel of the vellum was then added to the reverse of the pink panel and a scalloped frame was cut from the pink card to go around the aperture.
A panel of the orange daisies paper was matted onto the vellum with a panel of writing paper. This was then stamped with the sentiment from the Mixed Sentiments stamp set using the Lilac Posies ink.