Pages

WELCOME

This blog was created to act as a record of the cards and other projects that I have made. It is for both my own reference and to help inspire anyone who wants to take a look.

I'd love it if you'd leave me a comment so that I know what you think of my projects and that you've been to visit!

Anyone can comment, even those who don't have a blog. (Just look for the word 'Comments' under the three little pictures at the end of each post). Readers without a blog can add an anonymous comment, but please leave your name (and docrafts username if applicable) so I know who you are!

Slideshows of all the cards I've uploaded to my blog can be found at the bottom of the page.



PEOPLE WHO FOLLOW MY BLOG

Monday 30 November 2015

Blue and Yellow Aeroplane in Clouds

This is the card that I made for my 'little' brother this year. He's actually 31 but being 10 years younger than me he'll always be my 'little' brother.
 
I really liked this aeroplane stamp from the Kaisercraft Little Man stamp set, so decided to make a nice simple card with it.
 
 
I started by creating the front panel of the card. I stamped both the aeroplane and trail from the Little Man stamp set using Versafine Deep Lagoon archival pigment ink. I then die cut an aperture from the panel using a label die from the XCut Tags and Bookplates set of dies.
 
A couple of clouds were die cut from white card using the Memory Box Puffy Clouds dies and adhered to the card front using 3D foam to create dimension.
 
Lengths of yellow Baker's twine from the Dovecraft Riverbank Rivals twine pack was tied around the card front threaded through the aperture.
 
The sentiment, from the Amy R Be Happy set of stamps was then stamped onto a scrap of white card using the Deep Lagoon ink and matted behind the aperture using 3D foam.
 
The front panel was then matted over a panel of the blue and yellow striped paper from the DCWV Floral Prints paper stack.
 
 
 
The inside of the card was also decorated using the same patterned paper and cardstock as the front of the card.

A circle and big scalloped circle were die cut using Nestabilities dies and the sentiment, also from the Be Happy stamp set, was stamped onto the label cut out from the front panel using the Deep Lagoon ink.

No comments:

Blog Widget by LinkWithin