Pages

WELCOME

This blog was created to act as a record of the cards and other projects that I have made. It is for both my own reference and to help inspire anyone who wants to take a look.

I'd love it if you'd leave me a comment so that I know what you think of my projects and that you've been to visit!

Anyone can comment, even those who don't have a blog. (Just look for the word 'Comments' under the three little pictures at the end of each post). Readers without a blog can add an anonymous comment, but please leave your name (and docrafts username if applicable) so I know who you are!

Slideshows of all the cards I've uploaded to my blog can be found at the bottom of the page.



PEOPLE WHO FOLLOW MY BLOG

Monday 16 November 2015

Red Grey and Purple Brusho Aliens

OK - I'll admit it. I had a go with some Brushos. These are definitely not my type of crafting. Far too messy and uncontrollable!!
 
But, I made a background using my friend's set and I decided to make it into a card. When looking at the background, I decided it looked a bit space-like, so I thought I'd make a kids' card and use my alien stamp set.
 
So, to create the background, I used quite a few different Brusho colours onto a sheet of white card, namely black, grey, crimson, scarlet, cobalt blue and then these were spritzed with some water. Once the colour was almost dry, some white Brusho was sprinkled over the top and no water added to create some contrast.
 
The background was then over-stamped with a dotty star stamp from the Kirsty Wiseman Terrestrial Friends stamp set using the Heat It Up! Metallic Silver pigment ink.

 
The next stage was to select the best area of the background for the card. This piece had a flare of red which I thought fitted well with my idea of the card. The edge of the panel was then distressed using Tim Holtz Black Soot distress ink.
 
The alien and spacecraft stamp and the planet stamp, also from the Terrestrial Friends stamp set, were stamped using Memento Tuxedo Black dye ink and coloured with Copics:
 
Copics

 
Monster/Planet: B01, B02, B05, B06, BV00, BV04, BV08
Spaceship: C1, C3, C5, C7, B02, B05, B06
 
 
These images were then fussy cut and Ranger's Glossy Accents were added to the glass section of the spacecraft image.
 
To ground the image and create a foreground, a planet was created by cutting a piece of red card into a circle using a Nestabilities die and then embossed using the Crafts-Too Polka Dots embossing folder. Silver-Blue and Golden White metallic wax rub-ons from Craf-T Color Kit #3 were rubbed over the embossed detail to highlight it. The circle was trimmed into a semi-circle and adhered to the Brusho panel, after a few 'craters' were cut from the edge of the circle using a single hole punch.
 
 
The sentiment, from the Personal Impressions Paula Pascual Mixed Sentiments stamp set, was stamped onto white card using the Versafine Majestic Purple archival pigment ink and die cut using the circle tag die from the XCut Tags and Bookplates set of dies. This was then threaded with purple Baker's twine from Gorjuss.


All the components were then adhered to the card front, matted and layered onto grey and silver mirror card.



The inside of the card was also decorated, using the It's Your Birthday circle sentiment stamp from the Hero Arts Birthday Messages stamp set. The sentiment was coloured using Copics to match the images on the front of the card, and then diecut using a circle Nestabilities die and matted onto red and silver mirror circles.

No comments:

Blog Widget by LinkWithin