Pages

WELCOME

This blog was created to act as a record of the cards and other projects that I have made. It is for both my own reference and to help inspire anyone who wants to take a look.

I'd love it if you'd leave me a comment so that I know what you think of my projects and that you've been to visit!

Anyone can comment, even those who don't have a blog. (Just look for the word 'Comments' under the three little pictures at the end of each post). Readers without a blog can add an anonymous comment, but please leave your name (and docrafts username if applicable) so I know who you are!

Slideshows of all the cards I've uploaded to my blog can be found at the bottom of the page.



PEOPLE WHO FOLLOW MY BLOG

Saturday 10 April 2010

Blue, Green and Brown Jungle Edwin

So, I thought it was about time I uploaded another card.

This time it is my dear hubby's birthday card and I decided I wanted to use my new Edwin stamp.

I have decided to enter this card into a couple of blog challenges this week.

The first is the Creative Inspirations blog challenge, which this week, Challenge #55, has a colour theme of blue, green and brown. Hopefully you think this fits into the theme!!

The second is the A Spoonfull of Sugar blog challenge, which this week, Challenge #98, asks for a card For The Boys.

I started by stamping the Jungle Edwin image onto smooth white card using Memento Tuxedo Black dye ink and coloured it in using the Copic Sketch markers.
  • Hat/Socks: YG07, YG17, N3
  • Shorts/Boots/Stick: E31, E35, E57
  • Shirt: BG11, B41, B45
  • Knife: C0, N3, BG11, E57
  • Hair: E35, E57
  • Skin: E00, E02, E21
I then added highlights to the image using a white Sakura Souffle gel pen (although these didn't look right on the hat so I coloured over them with the green Copic marker).


The image was then cut out and mounted onto blue Core'dinations card and beige card panels that had been die cut using the Mega Curved Rectangle Nestabilities.


A strip of the Light-Hearted paper from the Basic Grey Offbeat paper pad was matted onto a panel of the beige card and a length of beige hemp cord was tied around it. This was then layered onto a square panel of the Impromptu paper, also from the Offbeat paper pad and the beige card.


The sentiment, from the Daisy and Dandelion 'Marshmallow Does DIY' stamp set, was stamped onto the smooth white card using Versafine Vintage Sepia archival pigment ink and matted onto the beige card. A couple of small blue eyelets were set either side of the sentiment and short lengths of the beige hemp cord were threaded through them and attached to the underside of the panel.

9 comments:

Julie said...

This is a brill boy card, Kathleen. I love the colours, and it's great the way you've used the twine, especially on the sentiment!! Juliex

Kathleen said...

Fab male card. Love the colours. x

kay said...

excellent card kathleen,have you filled the new storage yet?,x

NGCARDS said...

Brilliant work! Thanks for joining in this week at Creative Inspirations Wednesday Challenge Blog! xxx

Teresa said...

Great card Kathleen, what great colours, I love that Edwin, smashing card! bfn Teresa xx

Anonymous said...

fab card love the colours xx
tracy /crafteyes dc

katy said...

What a lovely card Kathleen ! Thank you for the welcome back, it's so good to have the pc running again, I hope you get your lappy sorted, I can recommend the techies, they aim to sort it in 2 days which I dont think is too bad ? Katy x

Alex said...

Wonderful card, Kathleen! Love the details and your colours/colouring!

Anonymous said...

Então fascinante este blogue está muito posicionado.........boa:)
Adorei faz mais posts assim !!

Blog Widget by LinkWithin