Pages

WELCOME

This blog was created to act as a record of the cards and other projects that I have made. It is for both my own reference and to help inspire anyone who wants to take a look.

I'd love it if you'd leave me a comment so that I know what you think of my projects and that you've been to visit!

Anyone can comment, even those who don't have a blog. (Just look for the word 'Comments' under the three little pictures at the end of each post). Readers without a blog can add an anonymous comment, but please leave your name (and docrafts username if applicable) so I know who you are!

Slideshows of all the cards I've uploaded to my blog can be found at the bottom of the page.



PEOPLE WHO FOLLOW MY BLOG

Saturday 5 June 2010

Celtic Knot Father's Day

Here are the cards I made this year as the two Father's Day cards for my dad and my father-in-law.

As always, I made two similar but different cards. They both use the same papers but different Celtic knot stamps to distinguish themselves from one another.

I am entering these cards into the following challenges this week:


The square Celtic knot image, from a boxed set of Celtic stamps I bought a few years back at a gift shop in Avebury by the stone circles, was stamped onto olive green card using Versacolor Black pigment ink and heat embossed with Heat It Up! copper embossing powder. The images were then cut out using standard square Nesties and matted onto larger squares of russet coloured paper.

A panel of the green mesh paper from the Papermania Hampstead paper pack was matted onto the russet paper and large copper eyelets were set in the corners. A strip of the russet geometric paper, also from the Hampstead paper pack, was punched using the Fiskars Rope border punch along both edges and matted onto the green panel.

Double lengths of green hemp cord were threaded through the eyelets and the stamped images were adhered centrally to the panel.

The sentiment was stamped using the 'Happy Father's Day' stamp by Personal Impressions from the Craft Stamper magazine and the black pigment ink and copper heat embossed. The individual words were cut from the image and matted onto the green card and russet paper. Holes were punched either end of each word panel and the green hemp cord threaded through. Each word was adhered to the front of the card below the Celtic knot panels.


The second card was constructed in exactly the same way but a circular dragon Celtic knot stamp was used for the focal images.

15 comments:

Messi Jessi said...

Fabulous cards Kathleen, love the celtic images and male cards are a great excuse to use them, lovely x

~@ngie~ said...

they're both gorgeous... I love the celtic embossing images... really looks authentic ;o) love n hugz JustAng xXx

Stephenie said...

Beautiful cards! I really like the Celtic symbols and your colors go well with the Father's Day theme.

Jo said...

Beautiful card, love the celtic images.Jo.x

Julie said...

Very elegant and perfect male cards which can be so tricky!! Juliexx

Julie said...

Very elegant and perfect male cards which can be so tricky!! Juliexx

Helen Williams said...

They are very nice. I allways get stuck on mens cards.

Suzi Mac said...

Wonderful cards Kathleen, love the colour combo and the images. They are perfect for our challenge this week. Thank you for joining us at The Crafty Pad.
Hugs
Suzi x

kay said...

excellent male cards,x

Shaz said...

They are both brilliant cards, and love the colours. xx

Anonymous said...

Brilliant male cards Kathleen! Tried to comment on DC but it won't let me post this afternoon!

GloriaW

Teresa said...

Kathleen your male cards are fabulous, I hope I'm taking some inspiration for making mens cards with me, otherwise I'll be back with the ingredients for you to make them lol. Great cards xx

Chris (catt871) said...

Both of these cards are stunning!!! I love the images, and your layouts are perfect for them!!! GREAT guy cards!!!! Thanks for joining us at Simon Says Stamp this week!
Chris & the DT

Messi Jessi said...

Hi again, just to say I have left something on my blog for you if you want it x

Grenouille Greetings said...

I've been on holiday, Kathleen and missed some of your work but I love your Celtic cards and also your sparkly trees! Fabulous! Warmest wishes, Lesley

Blog Widget by LinkWithin