Monday, 14 February 2011
Well, after a VERY late night, I finally got hubby's Valentine's card made. I decided to go with an unconventional colour scheme of duck-egg blue and brown.
The image, a freebie from Craft Stamper Magazine designed by Graphicus, was stamped using Memento Rich Cocoa dye ink and then die cut using a square Nestabilities die. This was then matted onto blue paper.
A second square of the blue paper was stamped using part of the bird stamp using the Rich Cocoa ink and matted in the centre of a Labels 1 die cut.
A strip of the duck egg blue mottled paper, from the HOTP Vintage paper pad, was embossed using the dots border embossing folder from the Just My Type set of border folders from Cuttlebug. This was then matted onto a strip of the brown card.
A panel of the duck egg blue and brown polka dot paper, from the same paper pad, was stamped around the edge using the floral and scroll background stamp from the Aspects of Design Memories of Italy stamp plate from The Stampman using the Rich Cocoa ink. This was also colour tinted around the edges using the Rich Cocoa ink and the ColorBox Chestnut Roan fluid chalk ink.
The embossed strip was then matted across the square panel and onto the brown card.
The inside of the card was also decorated using hearts punched from the polka dot paper. The sentiment was computer generated, using the Callie Hand font, which was the nearest one I could find to the Jane's Script font of the sentiment stamps.
Here are the challenges that I am entering this card into: