Pages

WELCOME

This blog was created to act as a record of the cards and other projects that I have made. It is for both my own reference and to help inspire anyone who wants to take a look.

I'd love it if you'd leave me a comment so that I know what you think of my projects and that you've been to visit!

Anyone can comment, even those who don't have a blog. (Just look for the word 'Comments' under the three little pictures at the end of each post). Readers without a blog can add an anonymous comment, but please leave your name (and docrafts username if applicable) so I know who you are!

Slideshows of all the cards I've uploaded to my blog can be found at the bottom of the page.



PEOPLE WHO FOLLOW MY BLOG

Sunday 15 August 2010

Blue and Grey Pantaloon

This is the card that I made for the very talented Katy (CraftyKaty) for her birthday. She seems to be going through it a bit at the moment and I hope this cheered her up a little. She is a tremendously talented cardmaker and I knew I had to make an extra-special card to be worthy of sending it to her!!! Please head over to her blog to see her amazing creations.

I hope no-one minds me entering it into quite so many challenges, but I'm rather proud of this one and want to show it off as much as possible!!!


The image, from Stampington & Co, is called Pantaloon, and was stamped onto white card using Memento Tuxedo Black dye ink and coloured using Copic sketch markers:
  • Skin: E00, E51
  • Hat/Dress: B41, B45, BV23, N1
  • Tights: N1, BV23
The image was stamped again and the butterfly, dress and hat were coloured and cut out and decoupaged over the base image.

The corner swirl image, from the Studio G Friends For Life mini stamp set, was stamped in the top right corner with Versafine Onyx Black archival pigment ink and coloured with the Copic markers:
  • Swirl: B41, B45, BV23, N1
I traced over the swirl section with the N1 marker, giving it a sort of shadow effect.


The image was layered up and Anita's 3D gloss was added to the spots on the hat, the shoes and the butterfly markings.


This panel was matted onto dark grey card.

A panel of the grey ribbon stripe paper from the Papermania Monochrome Capsule Collection paper pad was also matted onto the grey card, as was a panel of the light blue medallion paper from the Papermania Persimmon paper pad.

A length of light blue organza ribbon was tied around the light blue panel and a square 'K' brad, from the ColorBok Alpha Accents kit was added in the bottom right hand corner. The three layers were then matted up.

Colour was added to the brad using a Copic marker (B45) to tie it in with the rest of the card.

33 comments:

RobynAnn said...

ALL I can say is wow! what a great card. Just gorgeous! Quite a lot of work. Thanks for Joining us at IDIC this week.

Hugs
Robyn

Lynne Forsythe said...

I agree with Robyn.....WOWZEROONIE. the image is awesome!!

thanks bunches for playing along with the Design Teamies and Simon Says Stamp and Show Challenge!!!

Allison said...

lovely card, love what you did with the image
AllisonX

kay said...

totally amazing and you are right to want to show it off,i am sure she will love it,x

Courtney said...

This is gorgeous Kathleen! I love all the details of this card! Thanks for joining us at Penny's. Good Luck!

~Courtney~
PPCC DT

Kim Costello said...

This is stunning Kathleen, so many wonderful details!!!
The Design Team and I are really pleased that you joined us for the First Simon Says Stamp and Show Challenge this week.
Thank you!
HuGs Kim :)

Jane (Carroll's Creations) said...

Gorgeous Card

Thanks for joining us on SCSC :)

Hugs Jane x
SCSC DT

Lorraine A said...

WOW from me too !!!!! this is just fantastic !! I LOVE this image and the papers and colours you used are perfect ,,,, brilliant card ,, I would frame this !!! :-)

thanks for joining us on the PTW and Simon Says Stamp Challenges :-)
luv
Lols x x x

katy said...

I absolutely love it Kathleen, it's a stunning card,gorgeous details, right up my street and so thoughtful of you, thank you, love Katy x

Unknown said...

Beautiful work ... LOVE the colours and I really really need that stamp :0) Thank you so much for joining the team at Simon Says Stamp and Show for our very first challenge ... we hope to see you again next week!

Julie said...

Wow Kathleen - this is simply awesome!! What a fab image and beautifully constructed - I love it!! Oh, and thanks for joining in my first challenge at Colour Create, my friend! Juliexx

Kat said...

This is amazing! Love the DP too. Thanks for sharing your lovely card with us at TG this week.

Kat x

sandy's crafty bits said...

wow what a super card you have worked really hard and it shows ... love the image and love the colours ... good luck with your challenges ... well done and happy crfating Sandy xx

Jean Franks Beck said...

This is beautiful - love that image!

Carol Q said...

gorgeous. love what you've done with this stamp.

Jeanette said...

I'd be posting this wonderful card I could think of, too. Beautiful color combination. I love that image.
Thanks for joining us at I Did It Creations.

Mary J said...

Oh wow, a true original! Brilliant techniques!

Thx for joining us at TG and hope to see you for the next one! ;)

Mary J x

Julie said...

A fabulous card, very unique. Thanks for joining us at C.R.A.F.T.
Julie x

email: Steph@SimonSaysStamp.com said...

Fancy fancy!! This is great! I love the "K" too!

Thanks so much for entering the Simon Says Stamp Challenge!!!

-Sarah

Krista said...

Gorgeous card ! Thanks for playing along with C&T !

Eiglas said...

Very impressive!
Thank you so much for coming over to play at C.R.A.F.T this week!
Hugs,
Eiglas
x

Rosalien Zwackhalen said...

Wow, this is amazing, just fabulous, beautiful!! What can I say? Love it. Thanks for joining DC.

Rosalien

Unknown said...

What a neat card! Thanks for playing with us at Delightful Challenges and good luck. I have candy on my blog until August 21st if you would like to enter.
hugs,
Gini

TracieB xx said...

I love this card. The colours are perfect for the stamp, well done

Thanks for joining us over at SCS Challenge.

TracieB xx

Unknown said...

this is gorjuus, love it all esp the colours, well done xx

Sharon Traynor Designs said...

WOW! Sensational card Kathleen! What a creative use of the butterfly. Oh my! I've been away from your blog for way too long - this creation has left me speachless. Love it.
Thanks for joining us at the Colour Create Challenge.
Sharon xx

Chris Olsen, Glowbug said...

Wow!!I love the colors,image,and your paper!Awesome design too!Thanks for joining the ODBD Shining the light challenge this week.

Josephine said...

So unusual! That's a gorgeous card.

Thanks for joining us at Crafty Cardmakers this time.

Christine said...

Wow, what a cool card!! I love the techniques that you used. Thanks for joining us on the Simon Says Stamp Challenge blog!
xoxo, Christine

Lindsey said...

Totally Stunning and jaw droppingly beautiful! Thanks for joining us at Sweet Stampin' this week.
Linds x

Sabrina Jackson said...

OMGosh, what an awesome card!!! Love the colors and it is such an awesome take on this weeks Shining the Light Challenge over at ODBD!! Thanks for taking the time to play along. Hugs and blessings, Sabrina

Chrissy D said...

Such a cool card! Love the Dimension on it! Great way to stamp it again! Thank you for joining us in the ODBDSLC! We hope you will join us again! Have a blessed day!

Vixykins said...

And so you should be proud, its awesome!!!


Thank You for playing at Crafty Cardmakers x

Blog Widget by LinkWithin