Pages

WELCOME

This blog was created to act as a record of the cards and other projects that I have made. It is for both my own reference and to help inspire anyone who wants to take a look.

I'd love it if you'd leave me a comment so that I know what you think of my projects and that you've been to visit!

Anyone can comment, even those who don't have a blog. (Just look for the word 'Comments' under the three little pictures at the end of each post). Readers without a blog can add an anonymous comment, but please leave your name (and docrafts username if applicable) so I know who you are!

Slideshows of all the cards I've uploaded to my blog can be found at the bottom of the page.



PEOPLE WHO FOLLOW MY BLOG

Monday 16 May 2011

Green and Brown Time and Tide Collage Repost

Another of my masculine cards now for you. This one didn't actually stamp out properly but thought it might look like it was supposed to look like that!!! Well, that's my excuse!!


The Time Piece Collage image, from the Paper Artsy Clocks 3 stamp set, was stamped using Papermania Olive Green ink and heat embossed with Heat It Up! Moss embossing powder. The image was then die cut using a standard square Nestabilities die and distressed using Tim Holtz Antique Linen and Walnut Stain distress inks. This was then matted onto squares of green glimmer paper and brown card.

A panel of the beige and cream chequerboard paper from the HOTP Earth Tones Cardmaker's Creative Pack was distressed around the edges using the Antique Linen and Walnut Stain distress inks. The sentiment, also from the Clocks 3 stamp set, was stamped in the lower corner of the patterned paper using the Versafine Vintage Sepia archival pigment ink and a length of brown woven ribbon was adhered across the centre of the panel.

The patterned panel was matted onto the green paper and brown card. The image panel was then added over the ribbon and two brown card candy from Craftwork Cards were added in diagonal corners.
I did enter this card into lots of challenges but as Blogger decided to delete this post, I'm reposting the original version I had saved witohut all the challenges - hopefully Blogger will restore the latest version, but knowing my luck they won't as I had it saved before. This also means I have no idea which challenges I entered - D'oh!!

Here are the ones I've found:

15 comments:

Teresa said...

Another of your excellent male cards Kathleen this is fabulous, I love the stamp and the fact that it didn't stamp properly doesn't matter it looks like it's supposed to be like that. Love it! Thanks for joining us at HCTB's challenge.
Teresa xx

Anonymous said...

Am so useless at these - this is brill. Like the muted colours on this and a bit different too, not the traditional standard male type image.

ChrisAndCat Docrafts

Yvonne said...

Hi Kathleen,
Great card you made! Thanks for joining us at Karen's Doodles in the Netherlands!
hugs Yvonne
guestdesigner for Karen's Doodles

Mau xx said...

Super card Kathleen, Like the fact it didn't stamp perfectly, it adds something to it, and love the colours xx Mau

Sheila said...

Fabulous male card - they are SO hard to make. :)X

Georgia Ehrmann said...

It is a great masculine card and looks like it stamped out properly to me! Great job! Thank you for playing with us at Happileigh Scrappin' this week! Good luck!
Hugs,
Georgia

Laney said...

Love it!!! great masculine card hun!1
Thanks for joining us at Diva's by Design this time hope to see you again
hugs
laney

Anonymous said...

That card is fab looking! I just love the pop of green!
Silly blogger, I was so bored that day it was down lol!

x

Ann Craig said...

Striking masculine card! Love the colours and sketch layout. Thanks for sharing your talent with us at jac-inks - we look forward to seeing more of your creativity.

Deb Mitchell said...

Ohhhhh! What a gorgeous Card you have shared with us! I love the colours Hun- just stunning! Thank you for joining us at the Emerald Faeries Garden for our first Challenge & hope you revisit for many more Challenges

Hugz, Deb/ owner

Renata van Miltenburg said...

Great stamps and I love the tough colorcombi.

Liefs, Karen's Doodles NL!

Renata

Ellen said...

Fabulous card, thanks for joining us at Karen''s Doodles NL.
Ellen

Karen said...

Awesome card! THanks for joining us at SSCC! : )

Poppet said...

Great distressing Kathleen, the brown and green look fab together, very earthy. I always struggle with male cards but you have cracked it.

Thank you for sharing your wonderful card with us at the Creative Cowgirls Challenge. :-) xx

Viv said...

This is stunning! Very masculine, so hard for most of us to do!
Thanks for playing in the Emerald Faerie Garden. Viv :)

Blog Widget by LinkWithin