Pages

WELCOME

This blog was created to act as a record of the cards and other projects that I have made. It is for both my own reference and to help inspire anyone who wants to take a look.

I'd love it if you'd leave me a comment so that I know what you think of my projects and that you've been to visit!

Anyone can comment, even those who don't have a blog. (Just look for the word 'Comments' under the three little pictures at the end of each post). Readers without a blog can add an anonymous comment, but please leave your name (and docrafts username if applicable) so I know who you are!

Slideshows of all the cards I've uploaded to my blog can be found at the bottom of the page.



PEOPLE WHO FOLLOW MY BLOG

Tuesday 25 November 2008

Kerry Jo Balloon Girl Wallet Card

I just wanted to show you all the wallet card that I made for Annette (Sandra) over on the docrafts cardmaking forum for the die cut swap that was organized on there. I know that she has received it now so it's safe to upload the images to my blog.


The Kerry Jo Balloon Girl (available from the Debbi Moore website) was watercoloured using the Whispers Brushstroke markers, and mounted onto green card.

The patterned papers are from the DCWV Floral Prints paper stack. These were matted onto lilac paper.

The sentiment tag is taken from the Stamps Away Everyday Tag-Its set (available from Clevercut) and was stamped with ColorBox Wisteria Fluid Chalk ink.

Narrow lilac satin ribbon and lime green organza ribbon were threaded through the tag.

Lilac Papermania paper flowers (from an old Goody Bag) were coloured using Whispers Brushstroke markers. This was done by adding different colours of markers to different parts of the flower (pastel blue/green in the centre, with a few dots of purple, and purple on the petal tips) and then flooded with water to make the colours run, making the colouring of the flowers more realistic than the single shade they come in.

Once they were dry, they were shaped using an embossing tool and the mini purple See D's stamping mat.

Clear faux gems were attached to the centres of the flowers.

Craft Planet Iridescent Sparkle glitter glue was added to the flowers in the image.

The pocket section on the inside was created by punching three holes down each side and lacing lilac satin ribbon through the holes and tying in a knot at the back.

The reverse of the card was finished by stamping one of the bookplate stamps from the Stamps Away Bookplates, Anchors and Corners stamp set (available from Clevercut) using ColorBox Wisteria Fluid Chalk ink and my 'Handmade by' stamp from the Aspects of Design Botanical stamp sheet (available from The Stampman).

2 comments:

Tara said...

This is so pretty Kathleen and I love the colours. Great to see one of Kerry Jo's stamps, they're fab! xx

Blue Daisy said...

hi! I love this card! Your blog is lovely! I'm going to add you so that I can follow your updates.

luv

tracyx

Blog Widget by LinkWithin