Pages

WELCOME

This blog was created to act as a record of the cards and other projects that I have made. It is for both my own reference and to help inspire anyone who wants to take a look.

I'd love it if you'd leave me a comment so that I know what you think of my projects and that you've been to visit!

Anyone can comment, even those who don't have a blog. (Just look for the word 'Comments' under the three little pictures at the end of each post). Readers without a blog can add an anonymous comment, but please leave your name (and docrafts username if applicable) so I know who you are!

Slideshows of all the cards I've uploaded to my blog can be found at the bottom of the page.



PEOPLE WHO FOLLOW MY BLOG

Tuesday 3 March 2009

Peacock Blue Traveller Edwin

I finally got my table back up yesterday and managed to make a birthday card for my 'little' brother (he's 25 this year!!!). I think I might have to get more of my stash out and down than I'd hoped as it's completely unworkable as it is. I'm having to move everything slightly just so I can get something out. It's a complete nightmare!!!


Anyway, here is my creation. I love these colours at the moment, and I'm really pleased with my watercolouring on the Edwin image, even if I do say so myself!!!

The Edwin image, 'Traveller Edwin', was kindly donated by Alex K (Eisbaerin).

Edwin was watercoloured using the Whispers Brushstroke markers and highlighted with white gel pen. The wings were then highlighted with Craft Planet Iridescent Sparkle glitter glue.

A curvy frame was cut from peacock blue cardstock from the DCWV Brights mat stack, and matted over a piece of green cardstock embossed using the Cuttlebug 'Spots and Dots' folder (kindly donated by Tara W (Kania)). The Edwin image was cut out and 3D'd onto the frame.

A wavy mat was cut from a patterned paper from the HOTP Ultimate Creative Pack and a strip of matching paper was adhered across it. This was then matted onto the peacock blue card from the DCWV Brights mat stack.

Two tickets from the Autumn Leaves Tickets stamp set were stamped using ColorBox Prussian Blue Fluid Chalk ink onto the matching piece of paper from the HOTP paper and cut out. These were edged with ColorBox Prussian Blue Fluid Chalk ink and highlighted with white gel pen, then attached to the mat beneath the frame.

A letter 'D' from the Colorbok Letters set was coloured using ColorBox Celadon Pigment ink and edged with ColorBox Prussian Blue Fluid Chalk ink. Highlights are added using white gel pen. A teal blue button was threaded with a matching fibre from the HOTP Sarabooks Sapphire fibre pack and both were attached to the bottom right hand side of the card.

1 comment:

kay said...

fab card,love the colours and the ticket stamp is great,will have to add to my wish list.x
kayx

Blog Widget by LinkWithin