Pages

WELCOME

This blog was created to act as a record of the cards and other projects that I have made. It is for both my own reference and to help inspire anyone who wants to take a look.

I'd love it if you'd leave me a comment so that I know what you think of my projects and that you've been to visit!

Anyone can comment, even those who don't have a blog. (Just look for the word 'Comments' under the three little pictures at the end of each post). Readers without a blog can add an anonymous comment, but please leave your name (and docrafts username if applicable) so I know who you are!

Slideshows of all the cards I've uploaded to my blog can be found at the bottom of the page.



PEOPLE WHO FOLLOW MY BLOG

Thursday 19 March 2009

Pink and Brown Floral Mother's Day Tagbook

Well, I finally got the second Mother's Day tagbook finished. I was starting to think I was going to have to swap them round as the first one I made was intended for my MIL and doesn't need to be posted as she will be with us on Sunday, whereas my mum's did have to be posted!! However, after yet another late night, I managed to get it finished in time for today's post!


Three tags were cut from dark brown cardstock, and a spine was scored down the left hand side. Three holes were punched through the three tags using the Big Bite. As preparattion for the tagbook, a piece of the pink 'Happy Mother's Day' text paper from the Papermania Flowery Colossal paper pad had computer-generated 'Happy Mother's Day' text printed on it in brown.


The first tag was covered with the multi-coloured floral paper from the Papermania Flowery Colossal paper pad.

A flower was cut from the yellow outline flower paper from the same pad and coloured using the Whispers Brushstroke markers, and highlighted with white gel pen. Pink faux gems were added to the flower, and then attached to a panel of the pink 'Happy Mother's Day' text paper, which in turn was matted onto the dark brown card.

A strip was cut from the printed section of the pink 'Happy Mother's Day' text paper and matted onto a strip of the brown card. This was then adhered along the edge of the tag.


I then made a start on the inside pages.


For page two, the tag was covered with the multi-coloured stripe paper from the Flowery Colossal paper pad. A strip was cut from the computer-generated text paper and matted onto the brown card.

A flower was cut from the yellow outline flower paper from the pad and coloured using the Whispers Brushstroke markers, and again highlighted with white gel pen. Pink faux gems were added to the centre of the flower.


For page three, the tag was covered with the brown floral paper and a strip of the multi-coloured stripe paper from the pad was matted onto a strip of the salmon pink card.

The letters were cut from the salmon pink and brown card using the Sizzix Sizzlets Bounce Alphabet die set.

A white/pink Prima paper flower was coloured on the edges using a salmon pink Whispers Brushstroke marker and a white bead was attached in the centre.


For page four, I chose a definition from the HOTP Definitions and Words Ephemera book.


This was matted onto a panel of the multi-coloured stripe paper. The tag was covered with the pink 'Happy Mother's Day' text paper, and the definition panel matted on top.

A flower was cut from the yellow outline flower paper and coloured using the Whispers Brushstroke markers and highlighted with white gel pen. Pink faux gems were added to the centre of the flower.


For page five, the tag was again covered with the brown floral paper, and a strip from the computer-generated text was matted onto the salmon pink card.

Another white/pink Prima paper flower was coloured with the salmon pink pen and pink faux gems were added to its centre and the lower corner of the tag.


For the back page, the tag was covered with the multi-coloured floral paper A smaller tag was made from the salmon pink card and brown satin ribbon was threaded through the holes. A computer-generated sentiment was adhered on the top.

The corners of the tags were rounded using the XCut Large corner rounder punch and then tied together using Anita's Copper Brown striped grosgrain ribbon and cream fibre.

Hopefully my mum will like the tagbook. I certainly enjoyed making it, despite the time pressures. I really wish I could be more organized when it comes to getting cards made in advance. Hopefully once I get my craft room back to normal (I have to pack it all up again on Friday for the in-laws' visit) I'll spend more time in there and get more cards made. I've got two to make before I pack up, and hopefully I'll get them done tomorrow!!

1 comment:

kay said...

i am sure that your mum adored this,its a fab keepsake.
kayx

Blog Widget by LinkWithin