Pages

WELCOME

This blog was created to act as a record of the cards and other projects that I have made. It is for both my own reference and to help inspire anyone who wants to take a look.

I'd love it if you'd leave me a comment so that I know what you think of my projects and that you've been to visit!

Anyone can comment, even those who don't have a blog. (Just look for the word 'Comments' under the three little pictures at the end of each post). Readers without a blog can add an anonymous comment, but please leave your name (and docrafts username if applicable) so I know who you are!

Slideshows of all the cards I've uploaded to my blog can be found at the bottom of the page.



PEOPLE WHO FOLLOW MY BLOG

Thursday 7 May 2009

Pink and Green Bunny and Spade - Friday Sketchers Challenge #50

This is the first time that I have entered the Friday Sketcher's blog challenge, but the sketch jumped out at me whilst I was blog hopping, so I decided to have a go at it.

For some reason, all my cards seem to be pink and green just lately. Not entirely sure why, but I'll make a concerted effort to change it for the next card, promise!



And here is the sketch I followed for challenge #50:



The image, 'Bunny and Spade', from the Penny Black Garden Friends stamp set, was stamped using Versafine Smoky Grey archival pigment ink, and watercoloured using Whispers Brushstroke markers.
This was matted onto pink card, pricked around the edges using a dressmaker's tracer wheel and a pricking tool. A length of wide olive green organza ribbon was tied around the image.

A panel of the floating hearts paper from the Papermania Olivine Essence Creative Tones paper pad was cut to size to fit the front of a DL card and the hearts were coloured in using a pink marker pen.
Two panels were cut from the cherry blossom and swirls paper from the same paper pad, and the flowers and swirls again coloured pink. The green square was matted onto pink card, also pricked along the edges. The panels were assembled and the image attached on top.
The sentiment, from the HOTP Sentiments stamp set, was stamped using Versafine Spanish Moss archival pigment ink, and matted onto pricked pink card. Large pink Papermania eyelets were added to the ends of the panel and the olive green ribbon tied through them.
Paper flowers from Papermania and Prima were added to the top right corner and pink and clear faux gems added to their centres.

I also decorated the inside of the card with matching paper and made a 'Handmade By' label for the reverse of my card.

No comments:

Blog Widget by LinkWithin