Having looked back at Janet's tag, I realized hers looks more balanced as she has followed the 'rule of thirds' whereas mine is more half and half. I shall try and remember that for the future!!
I started by stamping the Butterfly image, from Chocolate Baroque/Craft Stamper, onto pieces of the pink butterfly paper from the Papermania Summer Bloom paper pad using Brilliance Graphite Black pigment ink and cutting them out.
A piece of white textured card was coloured using the shaving brushes and a selection of Tim Holtz Distress inks. The green area was created using Shabby Shutters and Forest Moss and the blue area using Weathered Wood and Faded Jeans. The edges were then distressed with the Walnut Stain ink. In retrospect, I think maybe Antique Linen may have been a better idea - never mind!
The green area was then overstamped using the Forest Moss ink and the Cone Flower and Grass stamp from the Inkadinkado Meadow stamp set.
The butterfly image was stamped a couple of times onto the blue area and then paper pieced using the pieces already cut out. The excess was cut away from the edge of the panel.
The sentiment, from the Hero Arts Anytime Messages stamp set, was then stamped onto the panel using the Graphite Black ink and then a frame from the Papermania Mix and Match Frames stamp set was stamped to go around it. The frame section was coloured in using a black Whispers Brushstroke marker.
A clear Sakura Stardust pen was then used to trace over the frame and the word 'JOY' and on the swirly sections of the butterflies. You can just make it out on the above pictures.
A length of green fibres from the HOTP Emerald Sarabooks Fibre Pack was then tied around the panel and this was then matted onto a panel of the pink dragonfly paper from the Summer Bloom paper pad.
A strip of the lime green plaid paper from the same paper pad was punched using the Martha Stewart Doilly Lace border punch and distressed with the Forest Moss ink. This was matted directly onto the card blank and the image panel matted over the top to the right of the card blank.
Here are the challenges I am entering this card into:
- The Cheerful Stamp Pad - #20 - Things With Wings
- Craft Your Passion - #63 - Paper Piecing
- Hooked On Crafts - #1 - Anything Goes
- Karen's Doodles - Flower Power
- Make It Monday - #42 - Anything Goes
- Make It Monday With Kraft Outlet - #24 - Welcome Summer
- Card Cupids - Summer
- One Stitch At A Time - #67 - Things With Wings
- Sentimental Sundays - Celebrate Summer
- Sweet Stampin' - Things With Wings
- Delicious Doodles - #30 - Things That Flutter
- Inspire Me Fridays - #11 - Anything Goes
- Simply Create - #46 - Fly With Us
- Stamp Man - #25 - Butterflies/Dragonflies
- Stamp Something - Something With Pretty Papers
- Aud Sentiments - Summertime
- The Rubber Cafe - Summer
- Stampin' B's - Use A Border Punch
- Alota Rubber Stamps - #61 - Summertime
- Allways Something Creative - #8 - Start Of Summer
- Crafter's Companion - #13 - Here Comes Summer
- My Grafico - Anything Goes
- Crafting For All Seasons - #3 - Summer
- Little Darlings - #1 - Summer
- 7 Kids College Fund - #23 - Feeling Hot, Hot, Hot (no Magnolia stamps)
- Stampavie and More - #145 - Butterflies
- Bearly Mine - #13 - Summer Is Here
- Everybody Art - #147 - Anything Goes
- Theme Thursday - Summer
- Addicted To Stamps - #6 - Summertime
- Deep Ocean - #2 - Flowers