Pages

WELCOME

This blog was created to act as a record of the cards and other projects that I have made. It is for both my own reference and to help inspire anyone who wants to take a look.

I'd love it if you'd leave me a comment so that I know what you think of my projects and that you've been to visit!

Anyone can comment, even those who don't have a blog. (Just look for the word 'Comments' under the three little pictures at the end of each post). Readers without a blog can add an anonymous comment, but please leave your name (and docrafts username if applicable) so I know who you are!

Slideshows of all the cards I've uploaded to my blog can be found at the bottom of the page.



PEOPLE WHO FOLLOW MY BLOG

Friday 24 October 2008

Pink and Black Floral Embossed Card

I was a bit busy yesterday and managed to make four cards (quite productive for me!!) - just goes to show you really can get going once you set your mind to it.

I shall be posting them as separate posts as they are all different styles of cards.

The first is my very first card made using a brass stencil!

I embossed the floral section of the Papermania Floral Friend stencil onto white vellum.

A panel of pink card was then stamped using the Whispers Floral Damask background stamp and ColorBox Orchid Pastel Fluid Chalk ink to give a tone-on-tone effect. This was matted onto a panel of black card.

The embossed image was cut out and attached to the pink and black panels using small eyelets.

A strip of the patterned paper from the Dovecraft Amethyst Floral prints designer paper pack was matted onto a strip of the pink card and strips of black paper cut using the Fiskars Lace Border punch were attached.

The sentiment, from CleverCut, was stamped using Versafine Onyx Black pigment ink and pink crystal gems were added to the panel.

Inspired by Aud over at Aud Designs, I have now started adding 'Handmade' panels to the reverse of my cards. I've had to improvise until I get a stamp made, but hopefully they do the job.

No comments:

Blog Widget by LinkWithin