Pages

WELCOME

This blog was created to act as a record of the cards and other projects that I have made. It is for both my own reference and to help inspire anyone who wants to take a look.

I'd love it if you'd leave me a comment so that I know what you think of my projects and that you've been to visit!

Anyone can comment, even those who don't have a blog. (Just look for the word 'Comments' under the three little pictures at the end of each post). Readers without a blog can add an anonymous comment, but please leave your name (and docrafts username if applicable) so I know who you are!

Slideshows of all the cards I've uploaded to my blog can be found at the bottom of the page.



PEOPLE WHO FOLLOW MY BLOG

Wednesday 2 September 2009

Blue, Green and Yellow Sailor Edwin

This is my entry to this week's Sketch and Stash blog challenge (#18). This is another of the NEW blog challenges that I discovered the other day and I love the idea behind this one.


The idea is to use something new and something that's been neglected from your stash. Well, I'm sure we've all got LOADS of neglected items, especially those ones we had to have but once Mr Postie brought them we had no idea how to use them!!!

Well, the sketch looked like this:

My new item is actually the papers, which are from the Making Memories Fresh Anthology Sydney paper pad. I bought these the other week, and was inspired to buy these (amongst others) by my visit to Julie's. The one I was looking for was the Ruby pad, but saw these and had to get them as well.

My neglected items are the buttons (that I bought about 4 years ago).

The Edwin stamp and the ticket stamps are also slightly neglected as this is the first time I've used the Edwin stamp that I bought months ago, and the ticket stamps that I haven't used as much as I should have!!

Anyway, the Sailor Edwin image from Magnolia was stamped using Versafine Onyx Black archival pigment ink and watercoloured using Whispers Brushstrokes markers and was then matted onto blue cardstock.

A panel of the blue stripe paper from the Sydney paper pad was attached to the left of the card blank. Two small green eyelets were set in a strip of the blue polka dot paper and attached across the centre of the card. The Edwin image was then layered over the patterned paper.

Green hemp cord (that I bought in Hobbycraft if you're interested) was threaded through two green buttons and layered onto the green brocade paper from the Sydney paper pad and added at the corners of the Edwin image.

Two of the stamps from the Autumn Leaves Ticketed stamp set were stamped using the Onyx Black ink on the green brocade paper. Holes were punched at the corners of each of the tickets using the Big Bite and then cut up. To see the tutorial on doing this from Aud Designs, click here. It's very clever.

I also decorated the inside of the card using strips of the patterned papers used on the front of the card and the Happy Birthday sentiment was taken from the Papermania Clare Curd Sentiments stamp set using the Onyx Black ink. Faux stitch doodling was added around the panel of paper to emphasize the edges.

This card was made for a friend with not a hint of irony. As you can see, there is a ticket that says 'Totally Perfect'. Well, he's not, but he thinks he is. He also thinks he's always right, but I didn't have a ticket that said that!!!

6 comments:

Tara said...

Great card Kathleen and I love your reasoning behind the sentiments, lol!
Hugs Tara xx

Chrissie said...

What a fabulous card Kathleen, I love the 'nautical' look to this.
So glad you found us and thanks for joining in with Sketch & Stash.

Julie said...

Love it - the layout is great and your explanation has just made me chuckle! Nothing like a bit of irony and wish you had that always right sentiment!!!

Becky said...

What a sweet card Kathleen, love the image!
Thanks so much for joining us at Sketch and Stash!
Love Becky xx

Jill said...

gorgeous card Kathleen thanks for joining us at sketch and stash challenge hugs Jill xx

Anonymous said...

The Intro
Hello, my best chum only just told me relating to this message board I really believed i will arrive and consider a look and present myself, Seems to be a great site with a lot of affiliates!

Blog Widget by LinkWithin