Pages

WELCOME

This blog was created to act as a record of the cards and other projects that I have made. It is for both my own reference and to help inspire anyone who wants to take a look.

I'd love it if you'd leave me a comment so that I know what you think of my projects and that you've been to visit!

Anyone can comment, even those who don't have a blog. (Just look for the word 'Comments' under the three little pictures at the end of each post). Readers without a blog can add an anonymous comment, but please leave your name (and docrafts username if applicable) so I know who you are!

Slideshows of all the cards I've uploaded to my blog can be found at the bottom of the page.



PEOPLE WHO FOLLOW MY BLOG

Wednesday 10 September 2008

Pretty In Pink Penny Black


I decided to take part in the Cute Card Thursday Challenge this week. The theme is 'Pretty In Pink' - and, despite my aversion to pink I decided to have a go.

I decided to use the Penny Black image 'Squeeze Til I Squeak', which was very kindly donated by Alex (Eisbaerin over at docrafts), and I thought it was the perfect image for an anniversary card I had to make.

I watercoloured the image using Whispers Brushstroke markers, and added the grass from the See D's Garden Of Friendship set. It was then matted onto DCWV candy pink card from the Brights Card Stack.

The patterned papers are from the K&Co Sparkly Sweet paper pad.

The sentiment panel was created by stamping the 'In Bloom' circle from the See D's Garden Of Friendship set. The word 'love' was selectively inked from a Whispers Words stamp, and stamped in the centre. It was then cut out using scallop decorative scissors.

2 comments:

Andrea, said...

Oh this is so cute, love the image. Thanks for joining in the CCT challenge

gillyflower said...

what a cutie just love this card
gill

Blog Widget by LinkWithin