Pages

WELCOME

This blog was created to act as a record of the cards and other projects that I have made. It is for both my own reference and to help inspire anyone who wants to take a look.

I'd love it if you'd leave me a comment so that I know what you think of my projects and that you've been to visit!

Anyone can comment, even those who don't have a blog. (Just look for the word 'Comments' under the three little pictures at the end of each post). Readers without a blog can add an anonymous comment, but please leave your name (and docrafts username if applicable) so I know who you are!

Slideshows of all the cards I've uploaded to my blog can be found at the bottom of the page.



PEOPLE WHO FOLLOW MY BLOG

Sunday 30 January 2011

Blue Pine Cone and Branches

OK, so I wasn't sure whether or not to blog the Christmas cards I made what with it being nearly February, but, since this is supposed to be a record for me of what I've made, as well as a forum for me to show off (my cards), then I decided 'what the heck!'

So, here goes! I'll try and blog one a day (there are only 10 or 11 different designs I think, so they'll be over soon enough!!)

Here is the first one!


This card was shamelessly based on a card that the lovely Alex K/Eisbaerin made for the docrafts Creativity Magazine. Her version was dusky pinks from memory, but I decided to go with blues.

The Pine Cone and Branches image, from the Papermania Silent Night Icons stamp set, was stamped using Versafine Majestic Blue archival pigment ink. The image was then die cut using a circle Nestabilities die and the out-of-the-box technique. This was matted onto a panel of light blue card.

The sentiment, from the Papermania Gifts and Robin free stamp set, was stamped using Memento London Fog dye ink and matted onto dark blue card.

Craft Planet Ice Blue glitter glue was then added around the edges of the image and sentiment panels.

A panel of blue shimmer card was embossed using the Papermania Snowflakes embossing folder and all the elements layered onto the card blank.

5 comments:

kay said...

fab card kathleen,x

Kathleen said...

Super card. Kathleen x(golden girl)DC

tilly said...

a lovely card, pleased you are settled again
Tilly x

nessy said...

so elegant ~love this card
vanessa xx

Alex said...

Wow, I am being CASEd *lol* Love your version! Blue is one of my favourite colours as well!
And you were right, mine was a dusky pink... but I spotted the similarity right away and can't believe how lovely it feels that you found it nice enough to be inspired by it!
Lots of love,
Alex

Blog Widget by LinkWithin