Pages

WELCOME

This blog was created to act as a record of the cards and other projects that I have made. It is for both my own reference and to help inspire anyone who wants to take a look.

I'd love it if you'd leave me a comment so that I know what you think of my projects and that you've been to visit!

Anyone can comment, even those who don't have a blog. (Just look for the word 'Comments' under the three little pictures at the end of each post). Readers without a blog can add an anonymous comment, but please leave your name (and docrafts username if applicable) so I know who you are!

Slideshows of all the cards I've uploaded to my blog can be found at the bottom of the page.



PEOPLE WHO FOLLOW MY BLOG

Saturday 9 July 2016

30 Day Colour Challenge - Day #4

Well, it's still technically Day #4 as Day #5 hasn't been announced yet!!!
Anyway, here is today's colouring.

I decided to go with some WHSmith's pencils today on Kraft cardstock. It's a nice and simple New Home card for a friend of mine.

I decided to use my set of Jofy #15 stamps that I've had for well over a month now, if not a few months. They have been used, just not by me!!!


I started by stamping the smaller of the two birdhouses on the front of the card where I wanted it positioned, using Versafine Vintage Sepia archival pigment ink, and then stamped the branch image from the same stamp set and the same ink above it. I joined the two images with a brown Whispers brushstroke marker.


I then coloured the images with the WHSmith pencils that I managed to get when they were reduced down to £3.99 some months ago. I firstly laid down a layer of white pencil all over the image and then coloured it in with the colours. Hopefully the white makes the colours ping off the card a bit more. I decided not to blend the pencil with baby oil this time as I wanted a more rustic look to the image.


Finally I added the 'New Home' sentiment. I used an old Elzybells stamp for this and the Vintage Sepia ink. This is a stamp that I've owned for many years, from back when Elzybells were having a closing down sale, and I'm not entirely sure it's ever been inked up other than when I recently mounted it and created a laminated storage sheet for it. It's so nice to give these old stamps a new lease of life having been living in a 'to be mounted' box for a couple of years now.

No comments:

Blog Widget by LinkWithin